A number of organizations and individuals representing nonprofits and causes that sprung up among families and supporters following the Sandy Hook tragedy took to the airwaves, internet, and social networks with reactions to the February 14 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla....Read Full Article
- ‘The History Of Ferris Farm,’ February 27 With Garden Club
- Parent Connection Spring Fundraiser To Have Hollywood Theme
- Music Dynamics Class Engages Children In Interactive Play
- NICE Host Families Needed For March Delegations
- Ben’s Lighthouse House Concert Series To Continue With Mother-Daughter Performance
- ‘The Art And Mechanics Of Underwater Floral Design’
- Someday Cinema Series Offering Will Put Spotlight On The Classic Frustrations Of Teen Lust And Love
STORMVILLE, N.Y. — Ben’s Lighthouse will continue its series of intimate, unique and very special house concerts with an evening of great songwriting, storytelling and enchanting harmony featuring Suzzy Roche and her daughter Lucy Wainwright Roche on Saturday, March 10.
The 7 pm performance by the mother-daughter duo will take place at a home in Stormville, N.Y..
Suzzy and Lucy released their first CD Fairytale and Myth in 2013. The album went on to win the popular vote for Best Singer/Songwriter Album of the Year at the Independent Music Awards 2014. Their second album, Mud & Apples, was released in 2016.
Suzzy is a founding member of the singing group The Roches, with sisters Maggie and Terry. She is the youngest of the Irish-American siblings, celebrated for their harmonies and lyrics.
Tickets for the performance are $100 each, and will include light fare, beer and wine, in addition to the show. The house concert series directly supports Newtown-based Ben’s Lighthouse, which offers programming and events for area youth and families.
Details and links to tickets are available online at benslighthouse.org.