- Community Center On Track For 2019 Opening Despite Tight Budget
- Officials: Pootatuck Debris ‘Cloud’ Was Not Toxic
- Rising Steel Begins Defining Shape Of Community Center
- Threatened Bridge Jumping Averted
- Police Preparing To Use Bodycams On Patrol
- Selectmen Reviewing Upcoming Road Repair Blitz July 16
- Major Industrial Project Gains Wetlands Approval
BRIDGEPORT— For the tenth year in a row, Aquarion Water Company will issue free fishing permits to any unemployed person over the age of 18. Veterans and active duty service members may also receive free permits this year.
On Wednesday, April 18, and Wednesday, April 25, from 8 am to 3:30 pm, anglers can obtain a free fishing permit by going to Aquarion’s Aspetuck Environmental Center at 714 Black Rock Road in Easton.
Anglers should bring a valid Connecticut fishing license and official proof of unemployment or a military ID/DD Form 214.
Once issued, fishing is open along designated shorelines of Aquarion’s Saugatuck Reservoir in Weston, the Far Mill Reservoir in Shelton, and the West Pequonnock Reservoir in Monroe.
For more information about the company’s fishing program please visit www.aquarionwater.com/fishing