- Opening Night For Newtown High School's Musical ‘Evita’
- School District’s Next Community Forum To Focus On ‘School Start Time’
- Winter Percussion Competes At MAC; Home Show Set For March 25
- Author And Illustrator Lita Judge Visits Sandy Hook Elementary School
- Newtown Continuing Education Classes Available
- NMS Spends A Week Celebrating Community
- Newtown Public Schools To Be Closed Wednesday
The Newtown High School Marching Band & Guard’s home show, the 20th Annual Joseph P. Grasso Marching Band Festival, is scheduled for Saturday, October 8, at the NHS Blue & Gold Stadium, 12 Berkshire Road.
Newtown will host seven Connecticut high school marching bands in the organization’s largest fundraiser.
Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for students and seniors, and admission is free for children under 5 years old.
Gates open at 5 pm, and the show begins at 6 pm.
The Marching Band & Guard recently took part in back-to-back competitions on Saturday, October 1.
The Nighthawks took first place in its division at an afternoon competition at Stratford’s Bunnell High School. Performing this season’s program, “Something Wicked This Way Comes — Dark’s Pandemonium Carnival,” Newtown swept the awards, taking top honors in Best Music, Best Visual, and Best Overall Effect.
At an evening competition at Trumbull High School, the Marching Band & Guard came up short against Norwalk High School and placed second.