- Reed Hosts ‘TAGtivities’ To Offer New Lessons For Students
- Newtown Continuing Education Classes Available
- BOE Celebrates Unified Sports Leaders
- NHS Marching Nighthawks National Champs
- Newtown High School Fall Drama Being Staged This Weekend At Reed
- Fraser Woods Montessori School Hosts Annual Fall Family Festival
- Newtown Schools Honor Veterans
The Newtown High School Marching Band & Guard’s home show, the 20th Annual Joseph P. Grasso Marching Band Festival, is scheduled for Saturday, October 8, at the NHS Blue & Gold Stadium, 12 Berkshire Road.
Newtown will host seven Connecticut high school marching bands in the organization’s largest fundraiser.
Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for students and seniors, and admission is free for children under 5 years old.
Gates open at 5 pm, and the show begins at 6 pm.
The Marching Band & Guard recently took part in back-to-back competitions on Saturday, October 1.
The Nighthawks took first place in its division at an afternoon competition at Stratford’s Bunnell High School. Performing this season’s program, “Something Wicked This Way Comes — Dark’s Pandemonium Carnival,” Newtown swept the awards, taking top honors in Best Music, Best Visual, and Best Overall Effect.
At an evening competition at Trumbull High School, the Marching Band & Guard came up short against Norwalk High School and placed second.