- Reed Students ‘Lunch And Learn’
- Sirius Coyote Visits Sandy Hook School
- Mentoring With Dr Erardi Part One Of Two: Ridgefield Assistant Superintendent Spending Time In Newtown
- Head O' Meadow Kindergarten Students Learn About Animals And Nature
- NHS Announces ‘Evita’ As Spring Musical
- Connecticut Historical Society Offers Lesson On State Government For Hawley Students
- NHS Student Art Work Selected For Scholastic Show
The Newtown High School Marching Band & Guard’s home show, the 20th Annual Joseph P. Grasso Marching Band Festival, is scheduled for Saturday, October 8, at the NHS Blue & Gold Stadium, 12 Berkshire Road.
Newtown will host seven Connecticut high school marching bands in the organization’s largest fundraiser.
Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for students and seniors, and admission is free for children under 5 years old.
Gates open at 5 pm, and the show begins at 6 pm.
The Marching Band & Guard recently took part in back-to-back competitions on Saturday, October 1.
The Nighthawks took first place in its division at an afternoon competition at Stratford’s Bunnell High School. Performing this season’s program, “Something Wicked This Way Comes — Dark’s Pandemonium Carnival,” Newtown swept the awards, taking top honors in Best Music, Best Visual, and Best Overall Effect.
At an evening competition at Trumbull High School, the Marching Band & Guard came up short against Norwalk High School and placed second.