- Curriculum Concepts Focus Of Administration Retreat
- St Rose Graduates Invited Back For 60th Anniversary Celebration
- Board Of Education Approves Financial Reports
- Science Teachers Learn NGSS Practices In The District’s Summer Institute
- Comic Relief From Summer At Paint, Draw, & More Camp
- Two Coyotes Wilderness School Announces Fall Program Offerings
- Rising NHS Junior Completes Summer Pre-College Program
The Newtown High School Winter Guard program announced the start of its 2018 season. Under the direction of Band Director Kurt Eckhardt, the Varsity and Junior Varsity Winter Guard teams competed on February 3 in the Musical Arts Conference at Masuk High School in Monroe.
Coached by Tory Whittington, Conor Kovatch, and Philip Hong, the Varsity team comprises 11 students in eighth to twelfth grades. This season the Varsity team’s show is titled “Stormy Weather.”
Coached by Grace McKinley and Ricky Grasso, the Junior Varsity team has 14 students in fifth to seventh grade. This season’s Junior Varsity show is titled “Mining for Gold.”
Both teams are looking forward to showcasing their talents at the scheduled home show on Saturday, February 24, at the NHS Band & Guard 21st Annual Winter Extravaganza, which will be held at the high school, 12 Berkshire Road, Sandy Hook. The show will have competitive performances by 24 winter guard ensembles and 12 winter percussion ensembles. Food, baked goods, and confections will be available for purchase. Doors will open at 2:30 pm with admission cash-only at the door. Tickets for adults will be $10, tickets for seniors and students will be $7, and tickets for children under 5 are free.
For more information about the 21st Annual Winter Extravaganza e-mail email@example.com.