- Newtown Elementary Schools Celebrate Literacy
- Newtown Continuing Education Classes Available
- Newtown Immaculate High School Student Earns National Scholastic Award
- Newtown Public Schools Announce Spring Concerts And Events
- Superintendent To Hold Open Hour For Budget Discussion With Public Monday
- New Kindergarten And First Grade Math Curriculum For Newtown Students
- Newtown’s PTA Reflections Program Winners Recognized At Schools
The Newtown High School Marching Band & Guard hosted its 9th Annual 100+ Family Tag Sale at the high school on October 21.
The tag sale gathered furniture, household items, toys, and electronics in the school’s cafeteria and adjoining patio. According to NHS Band & Guard Parents Corp President Michele Buzzi, roughly 50 to 75 students and parents helped to organize and set up the event Friday, ahead of the Saturday morning event.
“And we are so lucky we got this beautiful day,” said Ms Buzzi.
The tag sale ran until 2 pm, and later that evening the NHS Band & Guard participated in a USBands competition hosted at Western Connecticut State University.
The group remains undefeated, sweeping all the caption awards from the October 21 competition, including Best Music, Best Visual, and Best Overall Effect.
This season’s show is called Dystopia, modeled after George Orwell’s novel, 1984.
The Nighthawks’ next challenge is the New England States Championship in New Britain on Saturday, October 28. The band and guard are scheduled to perform at 6:36 pm at the event.