- Opera-Singing Magician Amazes Crowd At Senior Center
- Newtown’s Troop 70 Celebrates 90 Years Of Scouting
- Lisa Unleashed: Dog Spotting In Britain Reveals The Berger Picard And Catalan Sheepdog
- Fan The Fire Youth Event Draws 450 To St Rose Church
- Preserve The Taste Of Summer This Season With Jams And Jellies
- 'Little Free Library' Beckons Young Readers
- Resident And Lauralton Hall Student Travels to China
The Newtown Yoga Festival was held at NYA Sports & Fitness Center on Saturday, August 22. This was the third year for the annual event.
During the morning people practiced yoga under the guidance of a number of instructors and danced with Newtown energy healer and yoga teacher Joanne Keane and later the dance troupe Pilobolus.
Vendors were also set up for the event in NYA’s courtyard.
The headline program for the 2015 Newtown Yoga Festival was led by Drs Patricia Gerbarg and Richard Brown, pioneers in the emerging field of yoga and medicine.
Newtown Yoga Festival Co-Founder Karen Pierce said following the event that 135 people attended along with the 40 volunteers and co-founders. She also said the event was roughly the same size as the 2014 Newtown Yoga Festival.
Plans are already in the works for the 2016 Newtown Yoga Festival. Those interested in volunteering and helping to plan the event are invited to e-mail Ms Pierce at email@example.com.
More information about the Newtown Yoga Festival is available at its website, newtownyogafestival.com.