- Trumbull Man Discovers Family Link To Newtown Founders
- Eileen Malsch Celebrates 100 Years
- Residents Preparing This Year’s Crop Of Entries For Connecticut Flower & Garden Show
- Longtime Residents Of Newtown: The Watts Family
- NYFS Is New Local Hub For My Place CT, Empower Together Resources
- The Way We Were, for the week ending February 16, 2018
- Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Shamrock Season At Wheels
The Newtown Yoga Festival was held at NYA Sports & Fitness Center on Saturday, August 22. This was the third year for the annual event.
During the morning people practiced yoga under the guidance of a number of instructors and danced with Newtown energy healer and yoga teacher Joanne Keane and later the dance troupe Pilobolus.
Vendors were also set up for the event in NYA’s courtyard.
The headline program for the 2015 Newtown Yoga Festival was led by Drs Patricia Gerbarg and Richard Brown, pioneers in the emerging field of yoga and medicine.
Newtown Yoga Festival Co-Founder Karen Pierce said following the event that 135 people attended along with the 40 volunteers and co-founders. She also said the event was roughly the same size as the 2014 Newtown Yoga Festival.
Plans are already in the works for the 2016 Newtown Yoga Festival. Those interested in volunteering and helping to plan the event are invited to e-mail Ms Pierce at email@example.com.
More information about the Newtown Yoga Festival is available at its website, newtownyogafestival.com.