Home

54 Mt Pleasant Road

  • Failed Gutter-Heating System Causes House Fire

    At about 8:12 pm on Saturday, March 29, about 25 volunteer firefighters responded to an automatic alarm from a home at 54 Mt Pleasant Road where a system used to electrically heat drainage gutters failed, causing a house fire, officials said.

    Fire officials described damage to the house as moderate to significant. A damage estimate was not available. There were no injuries.

    Two women were home at the time of the fire at the Laurans residence, which lies just west of Mt Pleasant Road’s intersection with Diamond Drive.