- Wednesday, June 11, 2014
The town is a step closer to welcoming a new Director for C.H. Booth Library. The library Board of Trustees convened a closed session Tuesday night to discuss a recommendation from the board’s Director Search Committee, which has been seeking candidates.
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Newtown loves a parade, and there is no parade Newtown loves more than the annual Newtown Labor Day Parade. Determining the parade’s theme and its grand marshal are among the priorities Parade Committee volunteers tackle when planning begins in the dark, cold days of winter.
- Thursday, March 27, 2014
Juggler and entertainer Eric Girardi helped teach a group of youngsters how to juggle, and thrilled attendees with a program of fire juggling that ended with a fire eating demonstration during grand reopening festivities March 22 at C.H. Booth Library.
- Friday, February 21, 2014
Residents are reminded that while C.H. Booth Library is undergoing its restoration following water damage last month, an information desk is being offered twice each week at Edmond Town Hall.
Library staff is available, Thursdays from 2 to 6 pm and Saturdays from 9 am until noon, to help locate books are area libraries. Tax forms and other help is also available.
The staff is situated in the building’s old courtroom, which is easily found by using the entrance on the southern side of the building at 45 Main Street.
- Monday, January 13, 2014
Following flooding on January 4 at C.H. Booth Library from sprinkler pipes that froze and burst, sending a deluge of damaging water through the first and second floor sections of the 1998 addition to the historic building, cleanup continued on Monday, January 13.
Much of the initial remediation work by professional property damage specialists J.P. Maguire was finished, said C.H. Booth Library Acting Director Beryl Harrison.
- Friday, December 20, 2013
Newtown resident George Duncan met with C.H. Booth Library Interim Director Beryl Harrison on December 16 to formally present a photographic portrait to the library’s permanent collection.
- Friday, November 15, 2013
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the C.H. Booth Library was delayed Tuesday evening, November 12, when a malfunctioning boiler set off fire alarms, evacuating the barely seated board members, staff, and patrons into the cold night. Hook & Ladder Fire Company, responding to the alarm, swept the building, gave it the okay, and within 20 minutes, everyone was back in the building and back to business.