- Friday, January 3, 2014
HARTFORD (AP) — Comptroller Kevin Lembo says the state of Connecticut is on track to end this fiscal year with a $273.3 million budget surplus.
In a letter to Governor Dannel P. Malloy, released on Thursday, Mr Lembo said the largest portion of the excess revenue stems from the state’s recent tax amnesty program, which allowed people to pay off their back state taxes. However, Lembo said there are also positive trends developing in all overall state revenue.
The current fiscal year ends on June 30.
- Friday, September 27, 2013
HARTFORD (AP) — The state’s Freedom of Information Commission on Wednesday ordered the release of the 911 tapes from last year’s shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, ruling in favor of an appeal by The Associated Press for access to records withheld by investigators.
The recordings will not be made available immediately. The prosecutor leading the investigation of the massacre, Danbury State’s Attorney Stephen Sedensky III, said the commission’s decision will be appealed in Connecticut’s courts.
- Thursday, September 5, 2013
HARTFORD — An attorney with Connecticut’s Freedom of Information Commission has recommended the release of 911 recordings from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting on December 14, 2012, siding with The Associated Press in a dispute over records withheld by investigators.
The full, nine-member commission is to hold a September 25 hearing before issuing its final decision on whether the recordings should be handed over to the AP.
- Monday, June 3, 2013
HARTFORD (AP) — Connecticut's Freedom of Information Commission has ordered Newtown officials to provide the commission with 911 calls from the day of the shooting inside Sandy Hook Elementary School as it considers a request by The Associated Press.
A hearing officer, Kathleen Ross, asked Monday for the town to provide her the copies within two weeks. She said she commission would weigh objections raised by investigators as it evaluates whether the material should be released publicly.