Home

transfer station

  • Garbage Ignites In The Waste Transfer Station

    About 30 volunteer firefighters from all five local fire companies responded to the town waste transfer station off Ethan Allen Road midday on Sunday, May 12, to extinguish a garbage fire within that large steel building.

    Botsford Fire Rescue Company Chief Wayne Ciaccia, who was incident commander, said that an about 600-square-foot pile of garbage, which was about six feet deep, was ablaze when crews arrived about 12:55 pm. There were no injuries in the incident.