- Friday, November 29, 2013
(AP) Newtown’s police department will review its response to last year’s shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, according to the police chief, who said a report released this week by the lead investigator showed his officers acted properly.
- Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Although it is clear that the 20-year-old local man who shot and killed 26 people at Sandy Hook School on December 14, 2012, had “significant mental health issues” and had “an obsession with mass murders, in particular the Columbine shootings,” a motive for Adam Lanza’s horrific actions has not been established, according to a prosecutor’s summary report on the incident.
- Monday, November 25, 2013
Since the morning of the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School, “Truthers” and other conspiracy theorists have tried to put their own spin on the events that happened at the school. Among the biggest questions that have been raised in the past year is whether the shooter acted alone. The state’s attorney for the Judicial District of Danbury says Yes.
- Thursday, November 21, 2013
The long-awaited investigatory report on the 12/14 shootings at Sandy Hook School, in which 20 first-graders and six adults died, is expected to be released on Monday, November 25, according to notifications received by local officials.
That report had been expected to be disclosed earlier this year, but its author, State’s Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky III, repeatedly has said that the release of details of the investigation would have to await the completion of the full report
- Tuesday, November 12, 2013
NEW BRITAIN – A Connecticut judge said November 8 that he wants to hear the 911 recordings from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting before ruling whether they can remain secret as a state prosecutor and the town of Newtown fight an order to release them.
The state's Freedom of Information Commission ruled in September that the recordings should be provided to The Associated Press, but a prosecutor asked for a stay while he appeals that order.
- Friday, November 1, 2013
NEW BRITAIN — Through an appeal filed October 30 in New Britain Superior Court, the Danbury state’s attorney is seeking to keep secret the recordings of the Emergency 911 calls that were made from Sandy Hook School to the Newtown Police Department on December 14, 2012, when 27 people died in a school shooting incident.
- Thursday, October 3, 2013
The appeal by Danbury State’s Attorney Stephen Sedensky III of a ruling by the Freedom of Information Commission (FOIC) late last month to make public audio recordings of 911 calls made on 12/14 has delayed the release of the recordings to the Associated Press and other media. But it is only a matter of time before everyone will have access to the sounds coming across the phone lines from Sandy Hook School to the emergency dispatch center that morning.
- Thursday, September 5, 2013
HARTFORD — An attorney with Connecticut’s Freedom of Information Commission has recommended the release of 911 recordings from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting on December 14, 2012, siding with The Associated Press in a dispute over records withheld by investigators.
The full, nine-member commission is to hold a September 25 hearing before issuing its final decision on whether the recordings should be handed over to the AP.
- Tuesday, August 6, 2013
HARTFORD —On Tuesday morning, August 6, state officials involved in the investigation into the 12/14 shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School met to discuss the progress of the state police probe and consider when a public version of the ongoing investigation’s findings would be disclosed.
Mark Ojakian, who is the governor’s chief of staff, met with Stephen J. Sedensky III, who is the State’s Attorney for the Judicial District of Danbury, and with Chief State’s Attorney Kevin T. Kane.
- Thursday, August 1, 2013
Governor Dannel P. Malloy is expected to get an update sometime next week from officials involved in the ongoing state police probe into the 12/14 shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School, at which time he may learn when the report will be released publicly.
The governor would receive that update from the state’s attorney office, which is overseeing the state police investigation into the deaths of 20 first-graders and six educators at the school, according to Andrew Doba, a spokesman for the governor.