The top state law enforcement official in the Danbury judicial district said Monday, October 21, that he has started writing a report based on the results of a police investigation into the shooting incidents of December 14, 2012, in Sandy Hook, in which 28 people died.
State’s Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky, III, told The Newtown Bee he is reviewing the content of the police probe and is now in the process of writing his report on it, which will be made public.
Mr Sedensky declined to say when that report would be disclosed, other than to restate that it would occur “in the fall.”
Earlier this year, many people anticipated that the report would have been disclosed by last June.
Mr Sedensky declined to comment on a report published on October 18 in The Hartford Courant which disclosed certain aspects of the Lanza household at 36 Yogananda Street in Sandy Hook, and also described certain actions that occurred within Sandy Hook Elementary School during the shooting incident. The report in The Courant cites “law enforcement sources” and “a source with knowledge of the investigation,” but no one by name, in the story.
On the morning of December 14, 20-year old Adam Lanza shot and killed his mother at their home.
He then drove from his home to Sandy Hook School, shot his way into the building with a military-style semiautomatic rifle, and then methodically shot and killed 20 first grade students and six educators. As police approached, Lanza shot and killed himself.
Mr Sedensky has said that it is more important that the police investigation be done correctly and thoroughly, rather than quickly. The investigation involves both state and federal law enforcement agencies.
The victims’ families have been updated regularly on the investigation by the state police and the state’s attorney.