- Papa Al’s A Family Business Is A Family Favorite
- Business Buzz: Labels Plus Tags Opens In Sandy Hook
- We didn’t have any luck — or we should say our readers didn’t have any luck — with last week’s challenge, so we are offering it again this week, with a hint: If you are having a hard time reading the writing over the front door of this part
- Tag-A-Gift To Brighten Christmas For Newtown’s Children
- Animal Center Dogs Need Homes
- Adopt From Kitten Associates
- As Black Friday Shades Thursday
Duffy To Teach ‘Essential’ Drawing Course
RIDGEFIELD – Daniel Mark Duffy will teach an art course, “Drawing â€“ The Essential Foundation,” at Ridgefield Guild of Artists’s barn gallery beginning next week. Scheduled for Wednesday afternoons from 1 to 4 pm, the course will begin January 29 and run for eight weeks.
Mr Duffy welcomes questions about the course. He can be contacted at 270-7424.
Registration information and a bulletin board with information on all of RGA’s adult courses can be secured by visiting the barn gallery, which is at the end of Halpin Lane, during office hours, Thursday through Saturday between 1 and 5:30 pm, or by calling 203-438-8863.
Additional guild-sponsored classes starting next week include “Exploring Pastels,” taught by Gene Cadore on Monday mornings; “Watercolor,” by mary LaForge on Tuesday mornings; and “Absolute Beginners: Introduction to Oil Painting,” with Jeanne Kenney as instructor, on Tuesday afternoon.
Anda Styler’s “Creative Acrylic Paintings” will start in late March for a six-week session, followed by “Acrylics in Plein Air” in May and early June.
Workshops in bookmaking and weaving are also on the guild schedule, as well as open studio sessions in life drawing and portraiture.
Daniel Duffy is an award-winning painter who has made a career of creating realistic works with a signature Â style. He lives in Newtown, and works from his home studio.Â