- Papa Al’s A Family Business Is A Family Favorite
- Business Buzz: Labels Plus Tags Opens In Sandy Hook
- Shop ‘Til You Drop, Thursday In Sandy Hook
- P&Z Liberalizes Zoning Rules On Nail Salons
- Freshman Football Squad Blanks Masuk
- Nighthawk Swim Team Competes In State Meets
- Senior services for Newtown seniors are available at the Multipurpose Building on Riverside Road in Sandy Hook. The Senior Center is under the auspices of the Commission on Aging. The center is run by Senior Services Director Marilyn Place. For infor
Duffy To Teach ‘Essential’ Drawing Course
RIDGEFIELD – Daniel Mark Duffy will teach an art course, “Drawing â€“ The Essential Foundation,” at Ridgefield Guild of Artists’s barn gallery beginning next week. Scheduled for Wednesday afternoons from 1 to 4 pm, the course will begin January 29 and run for eight weeks.
Mr Duffy welcomes questions about the course. He can be contacted at 270-7424.
Registration information and a bulletin board with information on all of RGA’s adult courses can be secured by visiting the barn gallery, which is at the end of Halpin Lane, during office hours, Thursday through Saturday between 1 and 5:30 pm, or by calling 203-438-8863.
Additional guild-sponsored classes starting next week include “Exploring Pastels,” taught by Gene Cadore on Monday mornings; “Watercolor,” by mary LaForge on Tuesday mornings; and “Absolute Beginners: Introduction to Oil Painting,” with Jeanne Kenney as instructor, on Tuesday afternoon.
Anda Styler’s “Creative Acrylic Paintings” will start in late March for a six-week session, followed by “Acrylics in Plein Air” in May and early June.
Workshops in bookmaking and weaving are also on the guild schedule, as well as open studio sessions in life drawing and portraiture.
Daniel Duffy is an award-winning painter who has made a career of creating realistic works with a signature Â style. He lives in Newtown, and works from his home studio.Â