- Papa Al’s A Family Business Is A Family Favorite
- Business Buzz: Labels Plus Tags Opens In Sandy Hook
- Conn. Medical Marijuana Business Group Discussed
- Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money.
- Winterset Ski Club Holds Raffle Night
- NMS Visitors Offered Students A Sample Of Career Options
- Nighthawks qualify for state playoffs with win over Immaculate—NHS Gridders’ Season Will Continue After SWC Championship Game
Former NMS Reading Consultant
Annette B. Kerchief, 60, of Southbury, died August 25, at Waterbury Hospital. She was the wife of Lonnie A. Kerchief, Sr. Mrs Kerchief was born September 4, 1948, in Hartford, a daughter of Rose (Calderella) and Henry Begey.
She received her bachelor’s degree from Glenville State College in West Virginia in 1970 and obtained her master’s degree in reading education in 1972 from UConn. From 1974 to 2004, Mrs Kerchief worked at Newtown Middle School, teaching sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students as a reading consultant.
Her greatest loves where her children and her students. She also enjoyed reading books, the New York Yankees, summer vacations to York Beach, Maine, Caribbean cruises, and her Bombay cat Midnight.
In addition to her loving husband, she is survived by her two children; two sisters; and two nephews.
A mass of Christian burial will be held Monday, August 31, at 10 am, at Sacred Heart Church in Southbury. Burial will follow in Wapping Cemetery in South Windsor. Friends may call at the Southbury Funeral Home of Munson-Lovetere, 235 Main Street North, Sunday, August 30, from 3 to 6 pm.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in her memory to the American Cancer Society, PO Box 1004, Meriden CT 06450, or to the American Diabetes Association, 306 Industrial Park Road, Suite 105, Middletown CT 06457.
The Newtown BeeÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â August 28, 2009