- Papa Al’s A Family Business Is A Family Favorite
- Business Buzz: Labels Plus Tags Opens In Sandy Hook
- Bus Talks Lead To FOI Concerns
- Legion Baseball Tryouts
- Newtown United Soccer Team Captures U11 Championship With Win Over New Canaan
- Grant Awarded To Hire Dislocated Workers For Sandy Recovery
- Newtown Unit Of The Salvation Army In Need Of Bell Ringers
Anne A. Mayer
Former Fairfield Hills Hospital Employee
And NCC Sunday School Teacher
Anne A. Mayer, 85, wife of the late Robert W. Mayer, previously of Newtown, died November 17 at River Glen Health Care Center, Southbury. She was born in Danbury, October 4, 1922, a daughter of Angelo and Jennie (Galisi) Gervasoni.
Before her retirement, Mrs Mayer was employed as a customer service representative for Sperry Rail in Danbury. She previously was a longtime employee at Fairfield Hills Hospital, where she met her husband. She was a member of the Newtown Congregational Church where she taught Sunday School for many years.
Mrs Mayer is survived by a son, Robert W. Mayer, Jr, of Newtown; a daughter, Carol A. Mayer of Bethlehem; and a sister, Margaret Schulze of Danbury.
Funeral services and interment in Newtown Village Cemetery will be private. Arrangements are in care of the Honan Funeral Home, 58 Main Street, Newtown.
The Newtown BeeÂ Â Â Â Â Â November 23, 2007