- *The first tickets for summer concerts at the Meadows Music Theater in Hartford (or The New England Dodge Music Center, depending on which Live Nation website you’re looking at) have been announced. The 2009 IGA Country Megaticket will be available
- The Measure Of Our Wealth
- Newtown Continuing Ed Brochure Available
- A Look Back On A Visit From A Sister School
- New Support Group: ‘Good Grief’
- Senior services for Newtown seniors are available at the Multipurpose Building on Riverside Road in Sandy Hook. The Senior Center is under the auspices of the Commission on Aging. The center is run by Senior Services Director Marilyn Place. For more
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Anne A. Mayer
Former Fairfield Hills Hospital Employee
And NCC Sunday School Teacher
Anne A. Mayer, 85, wife of the late Robert W. Mayer, previously of Newtown, died November 17 at River Glen Health Care Center, Southbury. She was born in Danbury, October 4, 1922, a daughter of Angelo and Jennie (Galisi) Gervasoni.
Before her retirement, Mrs Mayer was employed as a customer service representative for Sperry Rail in Danbury. She previously was a longtime employee at Fairfield Hills Hospital, where she met her husband. She was a member of the Newtown Congregational Church where she taught Sunday School for many years.
Mrs Mayer is survived by a son, Robert W. Mayer, Jr, of Newtown; a daughter, Carol A. Mayer of Bethlehem; and a sister, Margaret Schulze of Danbury.
Funeral services and interment in Newtown Village Cemetery will be private. Arrangements are in care of the Honan Funeral Home, 58 Main Street, Newtown.
The Newtown BeeÂ Â Â Â Â Â November 23, 2007